Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Vacation"

Camp, as always, was just wonderful.

I don't think I can remember not enjoying any of the 7 years that Andrew and I have been volunteering at Camp Timberledge in Beach Lake, PA. The first two years we were just general camp help, the next three we were counselors, and now that Andrew and I are married, we were activity directors in '08 and '09. Andrew was the rec director this year, while I instructed rock climbing. Side note: I actually had to do some research this year, since I haven't been in the climbing world since last year's camp! Unfortunately I only got to teach three classes due to the rain. There's always next year!


Being around Camp Timberledge also means being around children, since the camp directors, Jenn and John, have quite a brood of mini-Johns. This year there was an extended addition in the form of a three week old baby girl (Jenn's niece). This of course caused much awwing and ooing among the New Morses, not to mention the fact that the mini-est of the mini-Johns was just too cute for words, crawling around like there was no tomorrow.


I am now very inspired to do...things.

No comments: