Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's been awhile, hasn't it?

Some news: about a month after my last post God provided Medicaid!!! My largest bill from the other company was resubmitted to Aetna for review (so I might not have to pay it all), and I am also eligible for WIC for as long as I breastfeed (which I was planning to do anyway). Praise God for financial relief! The clinic is very nice, and the maternity ward at Morristown Memorial (where I'll  be delivering Emery) is gorgeous. The rooms are all private and feel like upscale hotel rooms.
Andrew and I got to take a tour of the maternity ward during the Childbirth Preparation class we took a few weeks ago, which was also very helpful. I definitely feel as prepared as I ever will be to have this baby, and I think the class was great for Andrew as well. There were a lot of things he didn't understand at all ("What IS a C-section?") and I feel like he's a bit more understanding of what I've been going through now that he heard it from a certified nurse. ;-)

On Thursday my co-workers threw me a baby shower--and what a surprise it was! They lead me to believe they were planning it for Friday, and suddenly one of my friends calls me up and says, "The phones aren't working--are you still in the area? Can you come help please?!" As it happened I was still in the area--Andrew (who was in on the surprise) worked late that day. So we drive back to my job--me all pissed at having to go back so late in the day--and SURPRISE! Everyone's there with a long table of snacks and a pile of gifts. My first surprise party ever! It was the best.

Needless to say Emery has enough clothing to last her a good three months! And we still have to showers to go! Haha. I feel very loved and am very blessed to have so many friends.

No comments: